Bramborova Polevka is a type of potato soup that originated from the Czech Republic. It is a traditional soup ideal for people who avoid meat. It also contains a number of healthy ingredients that make it a hearty as well as a nutritious meal in itself. It can be a healthy addition to a typical vegetarian meal menu. Here is a simple recipe that you can try out.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion, cut fine
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups milk
- Place onion, celery, salt pepper, diced potatoes and water in kettle.
- Cook until soft.
- Make a white sauce of the butter, flour, and milk.
- Add to soup and boil for a few minutes.