Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This ultra-creamy cauliflower soup recipe is simple and really healthy. This recipe is soothing, cozy, and quick to make.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (white or yellow)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and golden.
- Add the cauliflower, the potato, the ginger, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add curry and lemon juice, cover and simmer over medium low heat until vegetables are tender (About 20 minutes).
- In a blender, puree until smooth.
- Garnish Ideas:2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives and/or green onion with your favourite dried sausage.2 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest with fresh chives and/or green onion.