Yield: 4 Servings
Fig is a type of fruit from a small tree species from the mulberry family. It is widely used as food in a Mediterranean cuisine as well as in some parts of western Asia. Figs can be eaten fresh or processed. Here is a simple example of adding figs to your salad.
- 4 cups arugula
- 8 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Toss arugula, figs, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle honey and balsamic vinegar over salad before serving.