Gazpatcho soup is a popular cold soup dish widely eaten in many parts of Spain and Portugal. This hearty soup is usually made up of several raw vegetables blend until it becomes smooth. It does not require any cooking. As such, it is mostly enjoyed during the hot summer months. Gazpatcho soup has gone through a lot of variations over the years, especially when it comes to the mix of ingredients found in each soup. This recipe is but one of the various types of Gazpatcho soup.
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
- Homemade croutons
- 1 large french baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (depending on the size of the jar, you may have to do it in several batches). Blend until smooth
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of tomato and pepper skin and cucumber seeds.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Serve with homemade croutons
- Serve croutons on top of the gazpacho
Image Source- Photo by Ponyo Sakana from Pexels