Homemade Pizza Dough
Our favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, this recipe has been tried and tested in our family, making the best homemade pizza.
- 1 cup Warm water (105 F to 115 F)
- 1 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water together. Stir gently to dissolve. Let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. If the yeast is good, it will start to foam.
- In the food processor, add the flour, the salt, and the yeast mixture until a soft ball forms.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, and knead on a floured surface to prevent sticking.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl, rubbing oil on the dough as well. Cover bowl with a clean cloth, and set aside in a warm, draft-free area about 50 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half. Make two 9 inch. thin crust pizzas.
- Dough can be stored covered with plastic, in refrigerator, less than 48 hours, and in freezer, up to 3 months.