This soup is healthy, delicious, and easy-to-make
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 3 stalks of celery, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 2 cups rutabaga, diced small
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped into square
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (900 ml) chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (284 ml) tomato soup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp dehydrated chicken broth
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh italian parsely
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- Optional 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- Optional 1 bone of lamb
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions. Cook for 2 min.
- Add carrots, celery, red pepper, rutabaga, garlic clove, cook, stirring frequently for 4 to 6 min.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and their juice, water, tomato soup, dehydrated chicken broth (Optional: 1 cup of homemade chicken broth, 1 lamb bone).
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Add fresh parsely, and fresh coriander. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 10 to 15 min.
- Remove the lamb bone if added to the recipe.
Freeze soup in small containers or ziplock bags.