Lemon bread is a delicious treat that is loved by many. The tangy and sweet flavors of the lemon make it a refreshing and great treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. It can be enjoyed on its own or with a cup of tea or coffee. I highly recommend giving it a try!
Lemon bread is a sweet, tangy, and delicious quick bread made with fresh lemon juice and zest. Here is a simple recipe for making lemon bread:
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Rinse the lemon under cold water and pat dry. Use a microplane or cheese grater to grate the lemon zest. Zest the lemon until the yellow peel is removed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add in milk, eggs, and lemon zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir into the wet mixture of butter, sugar, milk, eggs, and lemon zest.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix together sugar and lemon juice and pour on top of the bread while warm and still in the loaf pan.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the lemon bread sliced and enjoy!