These oatmeal cookies are made with oats, butter, and brown sugar and are tasty. Use this perfect oatmeal cookie as the base for other add-ins such as raisins, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries,
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease cookie sheets. Scoop dough out and shape into a 1 1/2-inch ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown on edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week
Chocolate chips work great also. Just omit the semi-sweet chocolate chips and add raisins or dried cranberries instead.