Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
This pie crust is my mother's recipe and it's made with a few simple ingredients: flour, salt, cold water, and fat. We've been making this perfect pie crust the same way for years.
- Food Processor
- Rolling Pin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup Crisco baking sticks all-vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- Put flour, sugar, and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Add Crisco baking sticks all-vegetable shortening to the food processor and pulse several times.
- Then add the cold water, vinegar, and egg and pulse again
- The mixture is ready when you pinch some dough together with your fingers and it holds together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor onto a clean, dry, flat surface.
- Work the dough just enough to form balls.
- Wrap each disc with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes
- Lightly flour work surface.
- Divide the dough mixture into two even-sized mounds.
- Then use a rolling pin to roll out dough to a 12-inch circle.
- Place onto a 9-inch pie plate. Softly press the pie dough down so that it lines the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Use a kitchen knife to trim the dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the pie dish.
This recipe is perfect for everything. You can freeze the dough for up to 3 months.