Pissaladeira is an Italian dish closely similar to pizza. Some call it as an Italian tart with a pizza-style base and topped with caramelized onions, anchovies, olives, and more. Here is a recipe that you can try out.
- 8 salt anchovies
- 1/2 standard recipe bread dough
- olive oil
- 12 stoned olives
- onion, rings
- thin slices cheese
- thin slices tomato
- Soak anchovies in cold water two hours; clean and take off the fillets.
- Pat out bread dough 1 inch thick, to fit a round pan about one foot in diameter.
- Oil the pan with olive oil, lay in the dough and let it rise.
- Decorate the top with onion rings, tomato slices, and cheese slices; arrange the anchovy fillets and olives attractively in the open spaces between the slices, and lay some within the onion rings and on top of the tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle generously with olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven (400f) for 20 minutes.