Pressure Cooker Artichokes
This is the best artichokes recipe. They’re easy to make and always a guest favorite!
- Pressure Cooker
- Choose artichokes with tight compact leaves. They should be firm and feel heavy for their size.
- Cut off the artichoke stem close to the base to allow to sit upright. Remove the small leaves at the base.
- With a knife, cut off the top of the artichoke about 1/2 to 1 inch.
- With a pair of kitchen scissors, snip off the tips of each leaf (optional).
- Rinse the artichokes under cold water.
- In a pressure cooker, add water, salt, and a lemon slice. (Optional: Aromatics of your choice. Here, I added a bay leave, and a garlic clove).
- To eat the artichokes, pull off each leaf. Dip it in your choice of dips and gently bite down on the leaf while pulling it between your teeth.
- When all the leaves have been eaten, you will be left with the heart and the choke. Use a spoon to scrape off the hairlike texture. Now, you can enjoy the heart, the best part.
- Artichoke dipping sauce ideas:1/2 cup mayonnaise1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar1 garlic glove, mincedor1/2 lemon juice3 tablespoons extra virgen olive oilSalt and pepper to taste
Serve warm or at room temperature.