Rigatoni with meat sauce is a classic Italian pasta dish that is both hearty and delicious. The combination of the rigatoni pasta and the flavorful meat sauce is a classic dish that families love. The sauce usually includes ground beef, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, and a variety of herbs and spices. It’s a great meal for any occasion and can be served with a side salad and some bread for a delicious meal.
Here’s a simple recipe you should try at home.
Rigatoni Meat Sauce
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Celery stalk finely chopped
- 4 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 can Cento San Marzano crushed tomatoes, 28 oz
- 6 oz Tomatoes paste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbso Oregano
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Fresh parmesan
- 1 lb Cooked rigatoni
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery, and cook, occasionally stirring, until slightly softened 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and cook, breaking the beef into pieces, until the onion and beef are lightly browned, 8 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for up to 20-25 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add in the cooked rigatoni and stir.
You can serve the rigatoni topped with the Parmesan and basil.