If you are the type who fancy eating a salad regularly at home, then you might just have some of the usual unused vegetable leftovers still in your fridge. If you have these leftovers available, then you can try making them into a salad soup for a change. Here is a recipe that you can try out.
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, minced
- 250-350 grams of salad leaves or greens like lettuce, kale, broccoli etc.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel and chop the onion and potato
- Add to the pressure cooker or saucepan with about a tablespoon of olive oil
- Saute on low to medium for 8-10 minutes until the potato starts to soften and the onion is transparent
- Chop or tear all the vegetables roughly
- Add them to the pan and wilt down for 30 seconds
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour over the stock and either pressure cook on high for 15 minutes or bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes until the potato is completely soft
- Use whatever method of liquidizing you have chosen to blend everything together
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as required
You can add some garnish when served such as croutons or a sprinkle of grated cheese.