For those looking to eat healthier by eating more vegetables, simple preparation may be the key when starting out. Having one main ingredient also helps keep things simple. And if you like cabbage, then this simple sweet and sour recipe for this vegetable may be something worth trying out.
- A head of cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
1. Shred the cabbage rather finely while removing the tough parts.
2. Put in a sauce pan and sprinkle with salt.
3. Cover the pan and place over low heat. Steam until tender.
4. Beat the egg, add the vinegar, sugar and salt to mix. Pour the mixture over the steamed cabbage.
5. Heat for an additional five minutes and serve at once.